Whether you go for a simple nude or over-the-top nail art, bridal nails are a big deal! Start your prep early for dazzling big day digits.
You’re getting married! Congratulations! Mazel Tov! Many happy returns. You know you will spend half of your wedding day with people grabbing your hand to admire your ring, right? Your photographer may even want to take a few photos of your new bling to mark the occasion. That means you need to get your digits into tip top shape.
– Are you doing a wedding diet? This is the same deal. Start looking after your nails a few months out. If your nails are brittle, taking a silica supplement will get them into healthy shape and prevent them peeling and breaking so easily.
– Push your cuticles back every time you get out of the shower. No need to be heavy handed (pardon the pun) – just a simple little push while your cuticles are soft will keep them in shape.
– Use a heavy hand cream or oil every evening before bed. Grapeseed oil or a cream with lanolin in it are ideal for hydrating cuticles and will keep cracking and hangnails at bay.
– Don’t forget your feet! Use a pumice stone or foot file every time you shower to keep your heels soft, particularly if you are wearing strappy sandals.
– Whether you are doing your own manicure or having it done at the salon, test drive the color first! Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure for your final dress fitting so you can see how the whole looks works. Sure, every bride in history might have gone for OPI Bubble Bath, but who’s to say it won’t clash with your dress/flowers/skin tone. Your wedding is all about celebrating your personality (and your hubby-to-be, too), so let it shine through.
We recommend a gel manicure for your big day. There are enough brands doing gel now that you can get pretty much any shade you want. You can have it done a few days in advance, and you won’t have to stress about it chipping or scratching. Fun fact: our editor wore OPI Pink Flamenco on her wedding day. Yes! Pink nails to match her flowers!