Lavi Nails, Newport Centre, Centre, 30 Mall Dr W, Jersey City
Exactly two years ago I had visited Lavi Nails the day before our summer vacation to Bermuda. I remember that I had received great service but my gel manicure chipped after a few days (which as you can imagine I was not happy about). Fast forward two years and here I was in the same situation (although this time with a very active toddler in tow).
It was the day before our summer vacation to the Bahamas and my nails were a hot mess. I had been so busy that I had almost forgotten to get my manicure and pedicure. Now I know what you are thinking how could someone who writes for pedicure.com not prioritize getting their nails done before their vacation? Trust me when I say looking after a very active toddler full time while running my own business leaves very little time for anything else. That reminds me I must chat to our Editor about doing a feature on DIY nails in under 5 minutes – that would be a life saver for me right now!
So here I was with under an hour to get my nails done, I literally ran into Lavi (which is a large salon) and it was jam packed with women who seemed to be in the same situation as me. I used my power of persuasion (ok I begged) and they put me on a 20-minute wait list. That meant I did not have time for both so I decided on a pedicure and hoped that I would have time to do a quick DIY manicure before I left.
The staff were friendly and really helpful and the polish selection was rather extensive. I choose a polish and then saw a beautiful polish on my nail technician’s hands so asked her what it was, she got up and searched the salon for it (I appreciated her going out of her way but I was on the clock and I swear there were at least 2,000 polishes she needed to look through).
The color was Angelacq’s Lipstick Red, an exquisite deep red – perfect for our vacation. My technician was brilliant, she had my nails polished beautifully and was really quick. This is the first time I have revisited a salon for a review and it was interesting that after two years the only thing that had changed was they had increased their nail polish range. The service was outstanding and my polish job lasted almost four weeks.
I will definitely return to this salon again.
Until next time,
- Ambiance: relaxing, large and open space, with a movie playing on the big screen
- Cleanliness of salon: Clean and spacious,
- Polish: Angelacq ‘Lipstick Red’ – Retails $5.50
- Polish job & chip factor: good polish job – lasted almost 4 weeks
- Brands They Stock: OPI, Essie, Kiara Sky, Angelacq, Sky Match Gel Hybrid Laquer, Orly, Color Club, Harmony Gelish, IGel, Cuccio Club, Nanacoco, IBD Nail Laquer
- Color range: Vast color range, a lot of quality polishes to choose from
- Customer engagement: Friendly, professional and engaging
- Price range: Basic mani: $12 and pedi: $23. Special mani/pedi: $30