It was time for a bit of pampering, especially after looking after my precious baby girl by myself for three days while my husband was at a work conference in Mexico. Now don’t get me wrong, there is nothing better than looking after my 4-month-old, but when you are up all night and all day it can get rather exhausting. If you are a Mom you know what I am talking about and if you aren’t then take my word for it having your nails done goes from becoming a normal part of your week to a treat. I enlisted the help of a friend to walk my princess in her stroller around the beautiful waterfront of Battery Park while I checked out one of the only salons in the area. Isn’t it strange that in such a highly populated area there are only two salons to choose from? In a city that has a nail salon on every corner I had grown accustomed to having a plethora of options when getting my nails done. I can’t complain, I was just happy to finally have an hour of downtime.
ABC Blooming Nail and Spa were amazing with the exception of the polish job (more on that later). I was greeted by the owner who was so friendly and accommodating when I said needed both my fingers and toes to be done simultaneously. It was a bustling salon so the owner started the process of preparing my fingers while my toes were being soaked. It was really relaxing and I loved every minute of it. A clean salon that sanitized their products correctly, displayed their workers bill of rights, and supported numerous charities. Given I was missing my husband I chose polishes to reflect my mood, my toes were painted with Essie’s Happy Wife, Happy Life while my fingers were polished with Essie’s Hubby for Dessert. I am sad to say although the preparation of my fingers and toes was exceptional the polish job was a little on the messy side. There was polish on my toes, not just my nails, and my technician didn’t clean it up – normally I say something but wanted to get back to my baby girl so left it. My fingers chipped after one day – maybe it was the quality of polish maybe it was me, hard to say. Overall, I did have a great experience and I would go back to this salon.
Until next time,
ABC BLOOMING NAIL & SPA – 395 S End Ave Battery Park NYC
• Ambience: Bustling salon yet had a relaxing vibe
• Cleanliness of salon: Great
• Polish: Pedicure: Essie’s Happy Wife, Happy Life – Manicure: Essie’s Hubby for Desert. (Retails $8-$10)
• Polish job & chip factor: Fingers chipped in a day, Toes didn’t chip for 2 weeks
• Brands they stock: Essie, OPI, CND, RGB, Ruby Wing & Orly
• Color range: Some polishes needed to be replaced, mostly good quality polishes with a small to medium color range
• Customer engagement: Friendly and charismatic
• Price range: Manicure $13, Spa Manicure $25, Pedicure $29, Spa pedicure $49-$95