Are you looking to jazz up your nails for Easter but don’t have the nail art prowess to do so? Well read on because this one is for you! I am by no means a nail art expert, despite working for Pedicure.com for years, I simply cannot master it no matter how much I practice. Thus I have labelled myself an ‘expert beginner’, so trust me when I say that no matter your skill level you can recreate this adorable look!
As an expert beginner, my favorite tool for nail art is my dotter, it is so easy to use and you can create so many different looks with it. So the hero of this tutorial is my dotter! If you don’t have a dotter you can also use a toothpick.
1. Start with a base coat. I was using polish that doesn’t require a base coat, so skipped this step.
2. Paint 1-2 layers of your chosen base polish. I alternated nails with CND Vinylux ‘Gummi’ and ‘Taffy’. Try and go for pastel colors, it is Easter after all!
3. Using your dotter and chosen white polish, dot all over your nails in varying sizes and patterns. I used Sinful Colors ‘King Kylie Kovet’ which is a gorgeous polish from the Kylie Jenner range which is white with iridescent glitter through it.
4. Once your dots have dried, you can add glitter to some (or all, it’s up to you). I used OPI ‘Serious Sparkle’ to jazz up the dots on my nails with the purple base. If you don’t want to jazz up just your dots, you can use a glitter top coat to lightly cover your entire nail.
5. Finally, seal with your chosen top coat. I used CND Vinylux ‘Weekly Top Coat’.