Hoboken Nail & Spa, Esthetics, 231 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Hoboken was a buzz of activity as our little family of three went for our afternoon walk. It was a beautiful day and the start of summer and after a crazy long work week, I needed an hour of ‘me’ time (a rarity these days). I came across Hoboken Nail & Spa and was impressed by the exceptional service I received as soon as I walked through the door. As my husband whisked our baby from my arms she began to scream (separation anxiety at its best). So here I was feeling guilty for being away from her for an hour and the staff could see it by the look on my face.
They instantly went to work to ease my stress, first they offered to do my toes and fingers simultaneously to save time, second, they had fabulous massage chairs and suggested I have a mud mask and sugar scrub as an extension to my pedicure. I am glad I walked into this salon it was just what I needed, the mud mask and sugar scrub left my feet feeling soft and ready for sandal weather. The foot massage was the perfect combination of firm and gentle strokes. I almost fell asleep in the chair (sleep was also a rarity these days with a teething baby).
My nail technicians were quick and efficient, the selection and quality of polishes for this medium size salon were really very good. I choose a bright pink OPI polish for my toes Spare Me A French Quarter and Essie’s light pink Fiji for my fingers.
The relaxing environment, attentive service, and exceptional polish job were just what I needed for my time out. My husband came back with our cheerful baby (who was over her separation anxiety and loved being at the park with her Daddy), and I was reminded that it is important to shake off Mommy guilt and always try to take an hour out for myself once in a while.
Overall, the experience I had at this salon was incredible, so I added it to my list of salons to return to.
Until next time,
- Ambiance: Relaxing
- Cleanliness of salon: very clean
- Polish: Manicure: Essie’s light pink Fiji, Pedicure: Spare Me A French Quarter (Retails $7-$10)
- Polish job & chip factor: My toes lasted 2 weeks, however my manicure only lasted 3 days
- Brands They Stock: Essie, CND, OPI, Essie, Dare to Wear & China Glaze
- Color range: Good color range
- Customer engagement: Offered exceptional service
- Price range: Pedicure $20, Manicure & Pedicure $32 (with 10minute massage, mud mask & sugar scrub = $42), Manicure $12. For a $5 annual fee, you can become a member and receive a manicure & pedicure for $25